Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sleeping with the Enemy


I did it, I purchased a PS3. Slapped more than half a ground on the table and said, "Yes, I too would like a giant piano black high-definition grill for my living room." Those who know me (or read this blog), know I am not always favourable when it comes to Sony's behemoth. However, after an very solid E3 showing I figured it was either now or never I gave it a shot. I also elect now as the time because once those 60 GB models are off the shelves only the overpriced 80 GB model will be left, according to Kaz Hirai himself.

I'm not one to pass up an opportunity not to be boned, so I took this as a chance. Thanks to a major electronics retailer's return policy this PS3 has 10 days to live in my house and prove itself. I am a fairly hardcore Microsoft fanboy, but I choose not to be so blindly. I am willing to let the PS3 woo me for it's stay. If I am convinced it is worth keeping after the 10 days, I will do so, otherwise it will be straight back to the hellpit of retail and someone will see a lovely open box unit available on store shelves.

I have a copy of Resistance on hand, fully connected to the PSN and am ready to be blown away. I will be posting every now and then about the ups and downs in this attempt at fanboy conversion. The most we can accomplish out of this? One less hater in the world. The least? One less blind hater.

No comments: