Monday, August 27, 2007

New Releases: August 26 - September 2 2007



My god, what a packed list. First, on the 360 we're finally seeing Microsoft's attempt to woo Japan, Blue Dragon will be arriving this week. I haven't played a traditional RPG in ages, and this will be a nice change of pace. I loved the demo when it came out and the art style rocks, so yay.

Next is Stranglehold, delayed on the PS3, but they're getting a Blu-Ray version of Hard Boiled Cop in their collectors edition, so trade off. This is fun, but I don't know if it warranted the 30 million+ to have John Woo direct it, I've played many other actiontastic games that weren't made by Hollywood directors.

Metroid Prime 3 is also finally here, to give some substance to my weak Wii library. I've never liked Metroid (blasphemy!), but this one is a definite grab for me. I need to see how the Wii handles a real FPS experience with their wacky controls. Plus, you never know, I may finally fall in love with the series.

PS3 owners need fret no longer, Warhawk is here to satisfy all your controller flailing urges. The game will be available on retail shelves or online, so pick it up as you please. And enjoy your first solid game in months. I'm curious to see how the server system (it's made of PS3s) handles the masses of people that will be playing this. Here's to Sony making a good online experience (raises mug in air).

Lastly, Guild Wars gets another expansion that will have cheap MMO players everywhere content for another 6-8 months. I never liked Guild Wars, I honestly believe you get what you pay for with the other MMOs (Planetside, Star Wars Online, Matrix Online, Auto Assault and Hello Kitty Island Adventure excluded), but free play is always fine.

PC:
- Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
- Guild Wars: Eye of the North
- Undercover: Operation Wintersun

Xbox 360:
- Blue Dragon
- Stranglehold
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
- Stuntman Ignition
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
- Moto GP 07

Nintendo Wii:
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
- Carnival Games
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Nintendo DS:
- I Spy Funhouse
- Turn It Around
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
- Garfield's Nightmare
- Math Play
- Professional Fisherman's Tour: Northern Hemisphere

Playstation 3:
- Warhawk
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008

Playstation Portable:
- Naruto:Ultimate Ninja Heroes
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Brunswick Pro Bowling
- Dead Head Fred
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
- NHRA: Countdown to the Championship 2007

No comments: