Monday, July 23, 2007

Downloadables: July 22 - 28 2007

I can't help but to remember the god awful Fredie Prinze Junior movie when looking at this week's XBLA releases. Wing Commander: Arena will support 16 player multiplayer, a first for the XBLA, and will also be the first Wing Commander game since 1996. Super Contra will fulfill all of you machoism needs and get you pumped for the inevitably awesome Contra 4 coming to the DS later this year.




In Virtual Console land we see Kirby taking a bit of a vacation in Kirby's Dream Course where, you too can play golf with a puffy pink thing. Also, pinball on your Wii with Devil's Crush, the exciting sequel to Alien Crush.

The highlight of the week's releases though is a childhood favourite of mine, Shining Force. When I say childhood favourite I mean I will finally get to play the game. My friend Jason was the only person I know who owned the game and would never let me touch it. That, his Power Rangers glove, or his copy of Jade Cocoon.



Xbox Live Arcade:
- Wing Commander: Arena (800)
- Super Contra (400)

Wii Virtual Console:
- Kirby's Dream Course (SNES, 800)
- Shining Force (Genesis, 800)
- Devil's Crush (TurboGrafx16, 600)

No comments: